Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How to find a Fitbit Flex Fitness Tracker

Hello everyone!



I have been waiting like the rest of you for the Fitbit Flex...www.fitbit.com
After alot of frustration about the release date of the fitbit flex I decided to NOT place an order online. I took matters into my own hands. I spent alot of time checking store inventories online and then calling the store to verify, going to stores and searching sporting goods and eletronics aisles...hard work, no luck.

So last night, right about around closing time I went to Target to inquire when shipments arrive. I met a chatty fella in electronics who spent quite some time explaining the shipments and backorders and overall issues with the release of the Fitbit Flex. He explained that if I showed up around 10 or 11am checked in any store employee could tell me whether or not any had arrive. He explained that they go fast, especially since the stores are only getting 1 or 2 in at a time.

So I left feeling that I had new hope with my new strategy. Today I went back to the store only to find there were none in stock...the guy helping me today, not as helpful didn't really get what all the buzz was about and proceeded to show me the peg hook with "jaw boxes" lol! (he meant jawbone)

He did however explain that the Target near by showed 2 in stock, I was with a friend and we both were looking for the Fitbit Flex...so off we went to the next store.

We seen a women in all athletic clothes walking into the store ahead of us... I just imagined her getting in first and buying MY Fitbit. THANK GOODNESS she went the opposite way. We looked down the aisle where they are displayed and found nothing. Luckily we found an associate who knew where they were and she walked with us to the spot and there were 2 Fitbit Flex's available.

It was that "light shining down with the awww music". We had completed the impossible, tracking down 2 Fitbit Flex in one store. As she was taking them off the wall a couple started walking down the aisle, potentially looking for them. Phew CLOSE CALL!

At the register the associate explained to us about Target's new program called "CARTWHEEL" that can be used by smartphones. This cartwheel program allows  you to search discounts to apply them to your Target purchase. You create a profile, search for discounts and then your smartphone generates a barcode that the associate scans and you have your discount!

There is a discount running right now for Fitbit Fitness Trackers that will apply 10% off any Fitbit Tracker! 

DOUBLE WIN!

So there is hope out there everyone, forget the online ordering and waiting for them to ship it to you. Get off your butts and go out and track one down, and get it at a 10% discount at Target - + if you have a Red Card you'll save another 5% on top of that.

TIPS ON HOW TO FIND A FITBIT FLEX


Target doesn't display them with the other Fitbits
They are located in the Electronics aisle - in random spots
*ask an associate so you don't miss your chance
Go to stores to inquire
Checking online for what is in stock is not accurate
Go to the store in-person, they will not hold Fitbit Flex - so if you call and they are in stock some one could snatch it up before you get there.


I am charging it right now and will post updates. Please feel free to leave questions in the comment box or go to the Fitbit Fb page, they seem to be on there a lot responding to issues. I would also like to hear from anyone else who has one




No comments:

Post a Comment